For those of you who are (semi)regular readers of this blog and who have no idea who I am, I just want to establish right off the bat who is writing this post and who will be writing any future health updates:
I’m Thea, the Thea who went to visit Emily back in February. Emily and I have been friends for just over a year, and we’ve gotten to be pretty close. The reason I have a login on this site is because I’ve been helping her on and off with writing descriptions for her art. Here is my website. I’m linking to it in the interests of assuring you of my legitimacy, because I know that some random person writing a post like this on anyone’s blog can be downright unsettling. I know it would be for me.
Some of you read the post that Emily put up earlier today (which I have since deleted) and are concerned for her well-being.
Some of you have not and now are wondering what’s going on. Here is the information Vas was able to give in a comment on that post:
Emily is currently in the hospital, and is possibly suffering from severe symptoms related to extreme malnutrition. I can’t discuss specifics, but I am 100% certain that did not she meant to post this. I have spoken to her health care provider, and they are doing their best to make sure she gets the food and care that she needs. I wish I could delete this post on her behalf, because I know that this is not something that she would write under normal conditions. She will explain the situation when she is better. For now, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
She needs all the support and compassion she can get right now, but most importantly, she needs to get better.
This is all the information I have at this point, but I am super glad that she’s in the hospital and receiving care. Before I knew that there was anything wrong, I felt strongly that I should pray for her, so I did. I found out later that I prayed for possibly the very day she ended up going to the hospital, so I am convinced that she is being taken care of by God and not just us. That said, I’ve also noticed that every time I’ve prayed for her about this, that God has told me that she’s going to be okay. I know from a great deal of experience to trust it when he says that, because it always comes true. This isn’t woo-woo. This is the real reputation he’s built with me, and I promise you can trust it, too.
So, to recap: Emily’s in the hospital, but she’s going to be okay, and I’ll be posting updates as I get them. Please pray/send love/send healing for her, and rest assured that she is being taken care of.
Also, someone asked who’s taking care of her pets: I don’t know at this time, but I will update this post as soon as I know.
I want to thank you on her behalf for all the love and care you have for her and have expressed for her. I know she’d be thanking you right now if she could.
Thea van Diepen
Here is some more from Vas (including information about Emily’s pets):
- On the night of the 14th and 15th, Emily was extremely disoriented and frightened. She seemed to be in a disassociative state where her communication was severely affected and often didn’t make sense.
- After a very difficult conversation, I asked Emily to go to the hospital out of concern that she was suffering from mental health issues that were being exacerbated by a very strict dietary regimen that may have left her severely malnourished.
- Emily went to the hospital on her own accord on the 15th and is currently receiving treatment for her conditions.
- According to Emily, her pets are being cared for by her friend, Brandon, who is also providing her with local assistance and moral support.
- Emily currently has no access to her email or online presence. I ask that people respect her privacy at this time in regards to her health, while also showing her moral support. Respectful comments, tweets and emails wishing her a speedy recovery will be greatly appreciated once she regains her online access. Her phone access is even more limited at this time, so the best way to communicate with her is online, even if she doesn’t respond right away.
- If you wish to send Emily a get well gift, her Amazon wish lists are here: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/VOQXLFFXZRJ8 and here: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/27582USI8DCPN